Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules

Paladin of Minecraft

Forum Rules

Welcome to MinecraftNews! Enjoy yourself here, but please keep in mind these simple rules:

Rules
    DO:

Be Polite - If you can't be respectful of other members, at least be courteous. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Use the Report Feature - If you see a post or thread that violates site rules, please report it. Reporting helps the Mods fix issues faster.

Think Before you Post - Sensible, well-thought-out, legible posts are easier to understand.

Have Fun - No really, have fun.

DON'T:

Cuss/Curse/Swear Excessively - Cursing is tolerated to some degree, but if you are deemed out of line you may recieve a warning or infraction. *

Spam - TL;DR, +/-1, one word responses, memes, imageposts, doublepost, etc.

Flame/Harass - Continually insulting users, or any group is not tolerated.

Create Multiple Accounts - If you absolutely need another account, please contact an administrator for permission. Doing so without permission is grounds for an IP Ban.

Advertise - Don't try to sell your stuff here, we won't take it kindly. It's alright to mention a site if it's within topic of the conversation, otherwise it will be removed, and you may be too.

NEVER:

Post or link offensive images, or link to offensive/dangerous websites. Keep the site PG-13.
    Posting or linking to anything relating to the pirating, or copying, of any software game title, especially Minecraft.

Posting or linking to any content malicious to computer hardware or software, such as viruses.

Any content that violates another person's privacy.

Evading a Temporary Ban - Don't make another account to get around a ban, it won't go well.

Course of Action and Bans

- Operators have the authority to override or skip any and all steps and issue whatever punishment is deemed necessary

Infractions

Breaking site rules may result in you receiving an infraction or warning depending on what you did.

Infraction's place points on your account, which expire after a set time (different per infraction).

There are 4 infraction levels, as follows.

Infraction Level - Total Infraction Points - Effect

Infraction level 1 - 25 - Warning

Infraction level 2 - 50 - Temp ban

Infraction level 3 - 75 - Final Temp Ban, user title changed to "banned (temp)" till expired.

Infraction level 4 - 100 - Permanent Ban, user title changed to "banned (perm)"

Disclaimer

Staff - The operators are responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the site. The ops reserves the right to take whatever action is deemed appropriate in any given situation, regardless of whether there is a specific rule covering that situation or not. If there is a misunderstanding or dispute, then please bring the issue up politely with that staff member in private. In all matters, the decision of the administration is final.

Staff Rules - All staff at MCN have their own set guidelines for rules. Many site rules do not apply to them, such as double posting. If a staff member breaks any of the "never" list items, please inform an administrator.

* Curse/cuss/swear words that are sexist/racist or otherwise considering offensive or degrading to others are not allowed. Generic C/C/S words are allowed.
    Last edited by Apv301; 05-15-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Paladin of Minecraft

Alleluia ! Thanks Robin
    btw, maybe you should add: "dont encourage others to break the rules", or something like that?
    Example: dont encourage others to piracy (?)
    \..\ .~~Heavy Metal Forever~~. /../

awesome, now we have some official rules!

Paladin of Minecraft
    Quote Originally Posted by howlgram View Post
    Alleluia ! Thanks Robin
    btw, maybe you should add: "dont encourage others to break the rules", or something like that?
    I thought this would be good enough? "Posting or linking to anything relating to the pirating, or copying, of any software game title, especially Minecraft"

Paladin of Minecraft

well, yeah, actually can be ok like that
    Last edited by howlgram; 12-05-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    \..\ .~~Heavy Metal Forever~~. /../

what does TL;DR mean? I've never encountered it before(or if I have, it was so short I didn't notice)
    Gotta go fast! -- Lost track so I'll just say 30%
    ~PersonOne
    Minecraftnews.net

Paladin of Minecraft
    Literally, "Too long; didn't read" Said whenever a nerd makes a post that is too long to bother reading. : From Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by howlgram View Post
    Alleluia ! Thanks Robin

I agree with howl here, dont encourage others to break rules is a very common rules to have.
    http://victiniworld.weebly.com/uploa...39/8929225.gif Executive's Flawless freakin' Victini!http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7789/yamiw.gif
    http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/t...rri_emblem.gif King of Welgaia
    <jenica>http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i3000/Ac...ive%21/mca.png
    <code></code></jenica>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackadder;
    Now, we're going to run a fast and efficient operation, and I plan to do as little work as possible.

Victini is funny. I have Victini

Obsidian Addict XxOakRaider03xX's Avatar
    Ummm what on earth?

-Oak

Thread Information